Thursday 2 December 2010

What a lovely Day

Looking out of the Lounge window today ~ Oh my gosh it is sooo cold and the wind is so strong it nearly knocked me over :O)


Lyn and I had a Great day today ~ we went to the Quality Inn Hotel to have a Christmas Dinner with old friends ~ the Back roads here are very dangerous as we have had quite a lot of snow ~ but once you get on the main roads all is OK ~ they have been gritted and are very safe ~ we had the Four Wheel Drive today so felt really safe driving along ~

It does not seem possible that Christmas is just around the corner ~ it seems only a short while ago we were waiting for the New Year 2010 now 2011 is nearly here ~ time just seems to fly by ~

We have nearly finished our Christmas shopping and Lyn has wrapped all the presents we have bought ~ mostly on line shoppiing which is really very handy with the weather being as bad as it is ~



We have had some gliches with Banking but I am glad to say they have been resolved to our satisfaction

Allyx

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Just the cards still to write then?

jack69 said...

Ahhhhh, yes sweet lady, time does march on. As I get older it seems to march faster. LOL

It is good to hae the four wheel drive. I have learned a lot from youand in the past from Mort, about your country. I only visited Spit Head (Portsmouth) and London. I like hearing your views and reports of the weather etc.
Thanks and love from over here.

Adirondackcountrygal said...

I've heard that you had quite a bit of snow! Enjoy it! We are still waiting for our snow. 6 hours west of us got several feet!

Slamdunk said...

4 wheel drives are super to have for those snow days. We had traded ours in and did not have one for a few years--glad we got a new vehicle with it last year and am ready for the storms.

Paula said...

we're having sunny days still here in south Texas.

Rose~* said...

We got some snow last week, but it has almost completely disappeared, now. I have my winter driving tires on my mid-size car, so I'm ready for the snow. Hoping for a white Christmas this year. For sure, the time seems to fly by faster as I get older. Still have Christmas cards to send, but most of my shopping has been done. Whew!

Sara said...

Mmmm... yumbly Christmas dinners :o)
Glad you had such a nice time, Ally, and that the snow didn't beat you!
x

Odds Bodkins. said...

This year has flown by soooo quickly hasn't it? Ihaven't even thought about Christmas yet. Nice to see someone has it all under control. ;O)

B. x

Ken Riches said...

Mail order is the best, I do 95% of my shopping that way. It certainly has been a fast year.